Expanding your network (Guide to being a Freelance Photographer)

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Image result for photographer tumblr

As a freelance photographer, one of the most frequent questions I receive is how I connect with models. Until recently, I was one of those photographers that I only had a handful of models. Thanks to a little networking, some marketing techniques, and an updated website I now can say that I have an array of models to shoot. So how did I go from having a few models to people DMing me on Instagram? Here are a few tips in order to gain clientele.


  1. Connect with like-minded people on Instagram; This is probably a no-brainer, but it is a necessary tip that has helped me expand my network. As great as it is to be connected with your friends and family on social media, think about following other photographers, models, and makeup artists. This is a great way for you not only to see what they are doing, but to get inspired, and hopefully extend an invitation to work with you. 
  2. Meet IRL: Attend local networking events and meet the people that you follow on social media in real life. This will allow for you to gauge who you want to work with. We mesh with people in different ways. By meeting people in real life, you not only create a connection with others but also allows for the possibility of creating some spontaneous art. 
  3. Join groups on social media group: Facebook has a lot of photographer/model groups that not only allow for you to connect with others but promote your artwork and receive critics of your latest shoots. 
  4. Go above and beyond: There are always those people that we wish we could connect and snap pictures of. The worst thing that someone will do is say 'no'. Take the chance and contact those individuals that you think could help you move to the next limit. You never know what those valuable connections will do for you. 




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank your sharing this type of content. It is very amazing. In this blog you are telling about freelance photographer I wan to be a come freelancer this article is very informative for me. Thank you for this nice content. Now it's time to avail Luxury Limo Services in Long Beach CA for more information.

    ReplyDelete