Let's try to cook: Thanksgiving 2016 (the pre-game).

Tuesday, November 22, 2016


The holidays are right around the corner and that means its time for people to gather around with their friends and family and party. As an American living in France, I found myself somehow becoming very excited for Thanksgiving. Mind you Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but something about this year has me so excited. My guests are probably trembling at the thought that someone like me is cooking dinner for Thanksgiving. And you know what? They probably should be! This is the first major holiday that I am hosting by myself (and in a foreign country to add on top of that). I have no idea if the grocery stores will have the ingredients I need to make my favorite dishes. I have no idea if what I cook will turn out right. Someone though I feel a bit at ease about Thanksgiving and I become more and more excited for Thursday night and Friday to arrive (we're celebrating it a day late).

I blame the fact that I think I'm capable of cooking partially because of this blog. Somehow I have gained the confidence in inviting a dozen people and cook for them. All I can do for now is wait, check Pinterest, and channel my inner Martha Stewart and pray that this Thanksgiving goes well.

If you're curious on what type of dishes that I will be attempting to cook this thanksgiving check out some of the pictures below and let me know what you think!
How to Make Stuffing: Move over, turkey. Stuffing could be this year’s main event! We’ll teach you the basics of how to make stuffing and make it really well. Plus, a few of our best stuffing recipes for Thanksgiving!:


This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite healthy easy dinner recipes. It's easy to make and very flavorful.:

I love these orange zinnias. I'm thinking either pair them with some white hydrangeas or peonies. And for the tables- painting mason jars with an aqua color to tie in all our wedding colors!:
Loaded Deviled Eggs from SixSistersStuff.com   | A delicious twist on a classic recipe - these deviled eggs are loaded with bacon, cheese, and chives!:

Creamy Green Bean Casserole made from scratch-- soooo much better than the canned stuff.:

Recipe from

Sally's Baking Addiction



You Might Also Like

0 comments