Let's try to cook: On my own

Saturday, November 12, 2016

In my last blog post, I mentioned the difficulties of trying to cook for myself here in France. Just as promised I am showing two of my favorite dishes that I have perfected so far here in France as a single lady. As some of you may know, I have been a vegetarian for some time now. This means that sometimes its a bit difficult (especially being on a budget) to find food that is healthy yet savory for myself. Naturally, much of what I've been eating is eggs and vegetables. But when I go crazy of the same dish I have now perfected the art of making veggie burgers as well as pancakes. Though these two dishes aren't hard to make (they mostly require simply putting on the stove and calling it a day) it has been an adjustment for me to fend for myself and to create, as I would like to call them, 'masterpieces'. I decided to use some of the dishes that I miss most from back home in St. Paul, Minnesota and re-create them right here in France! Check out the pictures of both of the dishes below and let me know what you think!




Dish #1 is a veggie burger with Camembert cheese, olives, grilled peppers, and mashed potatoes. 

These pancakes are made without eggs and butter. I created an apple syrup with cheese and cinnamon and some apple juice to create a perfect fall treat. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments