LUSH Henna Hair Review

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Image result for lush henna hair dye
I consider myself to be a firm believer that the darker the look, the better.  Just like my coffee; I like everything as black as possible. For a couple of months now I have been toying with the idea of using henna to dye my hair. If you have curly hair you'll probably understand that dying hair can sometimes be tricky. Not only is it hard to apply hair dye to the curls, but it is also hard for dyed hair to be seen with curls (due to the fact that it's bunched up like a slinky). So on a hot summer afternoon, my sister and I decided to see to put Lush's henna to the test.

I'll be honest with you about this product. It smells really bad.  Almost like cow manure in fact (which made me worry even more when I was applying it to my hair). Let's not go into jokes as for why this product is named CACA because I have way too many guesses. The preparation process for dying was pretty simple. Simply cut your desired slabs, add hot water, and mix! Once you have mixed the content well together apply sparingly before letting it sit for 2-3 hours. If you want to watch an instructional video on how to apply the product to your hair watch the video below.

It was probably ridiculous for me to see any results from using this product. As a brunette hair dye does little to nothing to my hair color. After impatiently waiting, the time had come to wash my hair out (which I failed at miserably seeing that I still had chunks of henna in my hair the next couple of days). Sure, my hair color remained the same but my hair definitely thanked me for doing this treatment. Not only did my hair become silky smooth after applying henna (it's been over a week and it still feels as if I just left the hair salon), but it has also shockingly become even more curly. Though I don't know if I'll be using henna anytime soon in hopes of darkening my already dark hair, it might come in handy when I need to give my hair a good R&R. In case you are interested, I used Caca Noir  Henna which is supposed to have a 'blue' hue to the hair (which has yet to appear). The product can be found at Lush for $27.95. It is advised by Lush in the instructions to continue the treatment every 4-6 weeks in order to get the best results.

Before 
After


You Might Also Like

0 comments