How I got payed to travel around the world

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, bridge and outdoor

Everyone wants to know if its true: Can one really get payed to travel the world? Unlike many other travel bloggers I'm not here to sell you anything or be ambiguous about how I am fortunate to travel around the world. Rather, I want to share my tips and stories with you guys in hopes that maybe you too can have the possibility of traveling around the world (no matter how long it might be) and actually get some pay.

So how did I do it? For seven months I taught English in France with TAPIF (Teaching Assistant Program in France). My work contract was for 12 hours a week at three different schools.  I had the opportunity of choosing my schedule ultimately allowing for four day weekends (meaning more time for me to see the world!).

 I'll be honest and let you know that I was lucky in many ways. I had  money saved up thanks to my previous job(s) and my parents, had an apartment that was dirt cheap, and lived in the middle of a bustling city. I was lucky enough also to live in a country that has so many paid holiday time, meaning that I was essentially getting payed to see the world. I'll admit now that the pay wasn't great (about $800 euros after taxes) but if you budget correctly and have a bit of money saved on the side, it is doable.

If you're interested in hearing more about my story of how I got payed to travel around the world and how you can do the same things make sure you read my blogs post on TAPIF, the application process, and everything in between.


Until next time,



You Might Also Like

0 comments