Bringing the South of France to Minnesota

Friday, July 28, 2017



Adjusting back to Minnesota hasn't been an easy (or glamorous) transition. There have been times that I have wanted to take my suitcase and jump on a plane back to the beaches of Montpellier .I'll admit that I'm a bit too vocal sometimes about my dislike for the Twin Cities. I should make myself clear, I LIKE the Twin Cities, I just don't know if I can see myself staying here for the rest of my life. In part it has to do with the weather and another and another has to do with my restless energy but that is a story for another time. 

Before I left Montpellier I made a pack for myself to give the Twin Cities a second try, at least until the Super Bowl. This would give me enough time to attempt to find a good job, see how far my creativity takes me, and to re-establish and kindle friendships. 


Fortunately this isn't my first time moving back from France to Minnesota. When I came back to the Cities after living in Paris for a few months I thought I was on cloud 9. With only a few months of college left and a dream internship under my belt I knew that France was right around the corner again. The world was my oyster and that meant that no one was stopping me from going back to the land of wine and cheese. 

Fast forward to this summer. After a year of living in the South of France I have found myself having to come to terms that I don't know when (or if) I'll live in France again. I want to give the Twin Cities a chance. See if I can survive in the job market here, go to fancy bars and events, and become the strong female I know I can be. I'm taking some valuable lessons from Montpellier to Minneapolis. I'm remembering how to take time for myself, push my creativity, and see the beauty of the world (even if it might be in my own backyard). Until I'm back in the South of France I'll continue to drink some rose on a patio bar in one hand and french fries in the other . 

Until next time, 




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It is well-researched and well-written. As I read, I became engrossed in the information. You've done a fantastic job. Thank you. In search of some fun sites, people tend to search extensively. Let us share with you our Fake Twitter Tweet Generator profile and some interesting things we've done on it. Tweets can be personalized by typing in a message.

    ReplyDelete