Saying Goodbye to Montpellier

Friday, June 09, 2017


Being the dramatic person that I am, I expected my departure from Montpellier France to be a bit more...well dramatic. My departure from the South of France was movie-like. There was a white handkerchief being tossed in the air as I departed from the train platform from my friend as our train slowly left the platform, leaving me with one last glimpse of Place de la Comdie.

To say that I loved the South of France would be an understatement. Somehow, my 'Parisian' anti-Provence self fell in love with the simplicity and beauty of the ocean, the arc de triomphe, the jardins des plantes, and the many cathedrals tucked away behind street corners.



Slowly, after my program with TAPIF had ended, Montpellier began to seem different. One by one my friends had left, and soon it was time for me to go on my next adventure back home to the States. Before I left, with the help of my sprained ankle, I hobbled around Montpellier one last time to take pictures of some of my favorite areas of the city.

I don't know when I'll be back to Montpellier, France. Somehow, I find myself at peace the unknown. What I do know is that someday, maybe in 5 years or 50, I will return to this small southern gem and think back to the times where I got to call this town my home. The shops and the people might change, but Montpellier France will always be known to me as the place where I truly discovered how to 'profiter'.










You Might Also Like

0 comments