The Bucket List Montpellier: Karaoke Edition

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

 For you avid blog readers of mine, you might remember the bucket list challenge that I created a few summers back. On the list I created a set of challenges of various levels to complete throughout the summer. Some of them were more personal (such as creating a Youtube video and my first resume) while others required help and setting goals (traveling to Florida and loosing weight). During my time in Montpellier France, I created a mental bucket list of things I wanted (and/or hoped) to complete before the end of my adventure. One of these things was doing karaoke.

You might be wondering why I would consider this to be a challenge seeing that I have videos of myself on Youtube signing. Well folks, to put it simply- singing in front of an audience is completely different than doing it for an online audience. You're probably thinking that I'm stating the obvious. In real life you cant rewind, edit, or retake videos. You simply have to give it your best on the first try and hope that you don't make a fool out of yourself.


Throughout my time here in Montpellier I have somehow become a regular on Wednesday nights at a local bar for karaoke night with a few friends of mine. Magically, one of my biggest fears (performing in public, which I used to dread doing) has become a joy of mine to do; and I've received positive feedback from it. No, I haven't received a record deal or anything (and probably never will). But I have received something more valuable than anything Simon Cowell could ever give; a better attitude. At the end of the day, I'm going to keep on making a fool out of myself regardless of if I try or not. Its inevitable. So I might as well have fun while doing it; one note at a time.


Until next time,



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yes, I did remember. The Bucket challenge got famous in all over the world. People from all the countries took this challenge and posted their videos on social media. It was real fun

    ReplyDelete