Happy Birthday to me: Look of the day

Monday, February 15, 2016


Every so often you need to celebrate life. Whether that means sitting down and setting up time for yourself and eating some dark chocolate while watching Sex and the City, reading a book, or traveling. At the end of 2015 I had a lot to celebrate. I graduated early from college (with a double major and a certificate), had accomplished my dream of living in Paris, and had gained some valuable work experience as well with an internship in the summer and the fall.  It had become a tradition for my family and I to celebrate momentous occasions such as these as well as the holidays (which happen to fall in the same time frame) and go on a cruise. So the daunting question comes when thinking about celebrating these momentous occasions: what am I going to wear?

I'm one of those people that over plans things. So of course I had a set idea of what I was looking for when it came to celebrating my birthday on the cruise. I wanted something that was sophisticated, fun, and that sparkles. That doesn't sound too hard right? Boy was I wrong. If you know my personal style I am obsessed with wearing all black. After having lived in Paris a pop of color really isn't my thing- AT ALL .So finding something that was sparkly and black proved to be a challenge. Fortunately I live close to the largest mall in America. Like most of my purchases, I found this dress at the last second. I had another dress in my hand ready to purchase in line and then suddenly, as if it was fate, I saw out of the corner of my eye a sparkling beauty. It was a Alberto Makali dress in my size and even in my price range (well I made it- because a girl has got to look good when she's celebrating right?). With some new Nine West heels that I also got at Nordstrom Rack I perfected my sophisticated but fun look that had lots and lots of sparkle. It just goes to show you that sometimes it can truly be a match made in heaven when you find the right dress. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments