Purpose

Sunday, August 10, 2014

That's the question I've been asking myself lately. With the death of a friend last month I questioned if I had a "life purpose". Being someone who believes in God, I've always have had the belief that I was out on this earth for a reason. What this reason is yet, has been undetermined yet by me. And maybe that's just it. Maybe I'll constantly until the day I die be unaware of what my purpose in life was. Or vainly, purposes. Just twenty minutes ago on the highway I saw a car flip over. My heart stopped. People were trying to gage what had happened and if all the passengers in the cars effected were all right. I went into crisis humanitarian mode and called 911 immediately. It was simply all I could do. I had only witnessed the aftermath. Still shaken from what I saw today, I received a great reminder that God has a plan for me. That literally could have been my family in the car, smashed into pieces if we had been there a several seconds before hand. That's the crazy thing about this world we live in. You never know when it's going to be your last. And that honestly terrifies me. Vainly, I want to put a mark on the world. But what happens if I never do? What if some people don't get to have that chance or opportunity to make a positive impact on a larger scale?

You Might Also Like

0 comments