The challenge and it's challenges

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My sister and I
Lately the challenge has been going well! When I mean 'well' I don't mean it lightly though. I mean it to the full extent that the tasks are being completely but with difficulty. I knew that this was going to prove to be a problem for some of the things that I had on the list compared to others.

#1) Weight Loss
  So far I've lost 20 pounds. I have done little change to my exercise (I walk about 3 to 4 miles 5 days a week). It's been challenging especially since I've been grad party hoping the past couple of days. Who knew that there would be little healthy food to choose from? Being a vegetarian has proved to be even harder to re-adjust myself to not being able to eat everything. I think it has been a curse and a blessing at the same time. At one end, I am limited to a certain amount of foods. This limited number though seems hard at times because my only options are unhealthy at grad parties. Big no no for me. I decided to plan ahead though and bring one of my healthy snacks along the way just in case this sort of thing happened. Shows you how beneficial preparation is! I've cut a lot of desserts out of my life. I'm obsessed with them. It's hard at times but I've found a great alternative. POPCORN and KETTLE-CORN. Seriously you guys its amazing. Almost all that I eat is this (of course my main meal which consists of fruits and veggies too). Everyone has those cravings. Especially during that one week in the month girls. You know I'm not the only one that goes bonkers for something sweet and salty during their periods. Drinking a lot of fluids has helped me too. Maybe this is TMI but I knew that I was loosing weight when my bathroom habits changed. That should be a good indication for anyone. Like the typical weight loss person I feel more energetic and better about my body. I would still like to loose another 20 pounds (don't worry it's a healthy weight) or so. But hey-I'm half way there! And the summer isn't even half way done yet so yipee for me. I hope that when I go back to college I will be able to turn a few more heads then before....or maybe all!

#2) Grad parties
As I said before, I have been going grad party hopping. I love being social with friends and hanging out with them. It has proven to be a bit draining (explaining why I took a breather yesterday and today) since my younger sisters grad party is coming up this weekend. I really enjoy cleaning so I've found myself thinking a lot lately while doing this. And of course singing. I'm adding a few pictures from one of the grad parties I attended with my friends. I always recommend that you have an activity for your guests. Grad parties have a fair share of awkwardness involved. Activities allow guests to interact with one another and are always a great way to make new friends. Also, I would recommend that you put labels on food. I on accident ate cow tongue at one graduation party. I do not know how this happened but I did. Clearly mark what you are serving so that guests know what they're eating.

#3) Youtube
I am always posting new videos on my youtube channel of covers. I would greatly appreciate your opinions on my singing! Here is the link: www.youtube.com/theprincessfusion Seriously, go and watch.


I'll leave you with some pictures from one of the grad parties we went to. I have always wanted to do Sumo Wrestling! I'm glad that I can add this onto the list. It has been so much fun celebrating the class of 2013 and I can't wait to have some more fun at the next parties we go to for the months to come!

-Sabrina







You Might Also Like

0 comments