Challenge Day 3: Cheeky Monkey Deli

Saturday, May 25, 2013


 For my next challenge, I decided to go back to go to one of my favorite Deli's in the Twin Cities with one of my girlfriends. This post is no is an advertisement. I've always wanted to write a short 'food critique' as well so think of this as a double whammy when it comes to my Summer Challenge:

Red Velvet Pattie from the first visit at the Cheeky Monkey Deli

A while ago I went with one of my girlfriends to one of my favorite eateries, the Cheeky Monkey Deli, in the Twin Cities. I don't go too often into the Deli, but every time I do step foot into their I am more than thrilled to be their. The atmosphere and of course, the great food, is also more than up to par. Compared to lot's of  places nearby, the Deli offers a great selection for a great price (seeing that were college students you can understand that we love a good bargain).  It was on our conjoined bucket-list for the summer to go back and have one of the delicious cake patties. Last time, we had the opportunity to have the red cake (one of my favorite cakes by far). The great thing about the patties is that the amount is just right for two people. Not too much cake, but just enough to keep you satisfied. This time for the bucket-list we decided to venture out and try the lemon cake. Seeing that I am not a big fan of cake myself (especially when dry) I was more than impressed with the cake. The cake was moist and had the best ever cream cheese filled frosting. To say that I felt like I was in heaven was an understatement. I will for sure be back to try more of the patties!

Cheeky Monkeys Website: http://cheekymonkeydeli.com
Second visit to the Deli: Lemon Pattie






You Might Also Like

0 comments